I have a problem with a seller, and resolution decided on their favor

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently purchased a good from an online seller, it was a mini table saw (small but working with a small motor etc), the mini table saw was cheaper than the other sellers but it didn't really look like a fraud. So this seller supposedly sent the item, 1~1,5 months later I see no package so I ask the seller where is the package, he was constantly replying with "thank you for contacting, we would be happy to help... etc" but the message never answered any of my questions.

So I open a paypal case and then the seller provided a tracking number which he didn't provide previously to me.

I waited literally one week only after the tracking number provided, and the package arrived with the tracking number, the item that I ordered was a mini table saw, but all I got in the package was a sticker with some chinese calendar letters... BUT here is the thing, resolution center saw that according to the tracking number the package reached me... and they closed the case in favor of the seller. But I never got the item I ordered.

This must be a new way to scam us, they never ship the item, if you open a dispute they send something fake with a tracking number, the case is closed and they earn money for nothing.

There is no way I can dispute this or add new information, the case is closed and there is nothing I can do. If paypal does this to me again I'll stop using it as a main way to buy online. I lost money and there is an asian scam somewhere laughing on me.

Edit: I sent a direct message to paypal to complain about this transaction and I got a moderator to help me change the case from not sent to wrong item sent. I accepted and I will update this message to let you know what happened.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

After filing a government complaint, sending photos of the tiny package I received and all the other information I could. I was finally awarded my 30$ back.

This is the link to the government complaint center: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Those are the most earned 30$ in my life. Some fraudsters think that just because they know all the aces and have some kept in their sleeves that a person would eventually give up and say "oh well 30$ I lost" so they can enjoy scamming people.

For me it was never about the 30$, it was about the fact I was getting played by a fraud person making fun of me, sending me stickers with chinese letters for 30$, trying to rig paypal security and all.

I am glad and i''l take those 30$ and myself and my nephew a pizza and some soft drinks. I'll drink on the fraud's tears.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

HortMrs
Contributor
Contributor

It's an infuriating situation. I ordered a chair hammock. Months later, because I kept emailing them back when they sent annoying messages, months later, I received a small ring made of a very cheap metal. Not work $120.00 as the label said. So pathetic. they said I could keep it! Or sell it on to get my money back, or post it to them for a full refund. Because I wouldn't go to the cost of posting it back, there was no other refund solution. Pay Pal are complicit in this fraud which is on a massive scale. They make millions from it as well as the scam site owners in China. Disgusted at Pay Pal. Buyer beware indeed.

Login to Me Too

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

The reply "you can keep it and sell it to someone else" has been told to me numerous times when I got fake products. My reply is always no, I am not anyone's partner to re-sell their junk. At other times I was told to ship the item back but I requested shipping money because I am not in China and my country doesn't ship my junk free of charge.

I sent a message to paypal directly to complain about this issue and I got a reply by a moderator saying they can change the case to wrong item shipped, of course I accepted their offer and told them along with this I would like to block this account from future interference with me. I have no clue who is selling to me so I want this specific account to be permanently blocked by doing any interference with my account from now on. They should have their own rating for sellers, there is no way this person did this only to me. So if 1000 people report this seller as bad, there must be something wrong with them. BUT there is no such thing as blocking someone or giving feedback on a account as paypal is a bank not a selling site.

I am waiting to see what will happen. I am not letting this guy earn money by scamming me. I am a paypal user for more than 15 years and I have moved tons of money that earn profit for their company. I won't allow anyone to take advantage of me.

Login to Me Too

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

The fraudsters offered a partial refund which I obviously refused, why accept to get half the money back for nothing? Half the amount for the same scam is again a scam, it won't solve anything on my end. the fraud seller will still make a profit, just half this time.

Paypal made me file an IC3 government complaint which I did. I also took photos of the package that was sent to me.

I am going to lose these 30$ but I know for sure paypal is no longer regarded safe to do business with me. I will not trust them for future purchases as their support is an absolute joke.

That scammer definitelly did this many times before, I cannot be the only one that had this done to. Paypal should have checked this seller and see all the complaints.

Login to Me Too
Solved

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

After filing a government complaint, sending photos of the tiny package I received and all the other information I could. I was finally awarded my 30$ back.

This is the link to the government complaint center: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Those are the most earned 30$ in my life. Some fraudsters think that just because they know all the aces and have some kept in their sleeves that a person would eventually give up and say "oh well 30$ I lost" so they can enjoy scamming people.

For me it was never about the 30$, it was about the fact I was getting played by a fraud person making fun of me, sending me stickers with chinese letters for 30$, trying to rig paypal security and all.

I am glad and i''l take those 30$ and myself and my nephew a pizza and some soft drinks. I'll drink on the fraud's tears.

Login to Me Too

momlife123
Contributor
Contributor

I had similar issue and fell twice into the trap one for a secret gift for my friend and the other was for my son. two different company but an Asian store of different seller but I think they are the same. different products from what I purchase. PayPal reviewing the case and seller provide a fake return address trying to scam our money for the shipping fee and not getting the return product. this whole thing is one big scam that the police and public should be aware. I hope I get my hard earn money back those **bleep** seller Karam <removed>

Login to Me Too

Sicastro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alexandros,

I've read your posts and I feel your pain as I am in a similar situation.

I have been scammed and, although sending the photos below and a copy of all my communications with the seller - which only highlight they are scammers - Pay Pal decided on their favour saying that the item I received was materially similar to the seller's description".

item advertiseditem advertiseditem advertiseditem advertiseditem actually sentitem actually sentitem advertiseditem advertised

The difference is obvious and significant - which makes Pay Pal's decision even more infuriating. Pay Pal's decision raises questions about their 'customer protection' and their policy in dealing with fraudsters - it seems like they are enabling scammers to use Pay Pal to undertake their criminal activities. I am cancelling my Pay Pal account as a result, as I don't want to engage with a company I no longer trust. I will also warn my friends about my experience so that they are aware of Pay Pal's so called 'customer protection'.   

Login to Me Too

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

One is supposed to be an animatronic which is a robot that interacts with a remote control or with a sensor, and what you got is a stuffed toy. This is definitely not the same product.

Login to Me Too

momlife123
Contributor
Contributor
where do you go to file government complaints? is it a website different from PayPal
Login to Me Too

AlexandrosTsak
Contributor
Contributor

I edited my solution post to includ ethis, but here it is again:

https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.