I have a limited account now, but I have money on hold from ebay, will I still receive it?

Ericg9909
Contributor
Contributor

My money from ebay has been on hold from paypal for 4 days now, an email said it should have been taken off hold in 1 to 2 days, during this 4 days since it's been on hold, I verified my information, not knowing I had to be 18 to have a paypal account, and my account got changed into a limited account. I am wondering if I will still get my money because I really need it. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ericg9909

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.
When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Ericg9909,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.