I have a fradulent pending transaction but Paypal says I cannot report it?

tekwrite
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't I report a possibly fradulent pending transaction?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tekwrite,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a pending transaction that may be fraudulent. In what way is it fraudulent? Did you make the transaction? If you did not and it's unauthorized, you can contact customer service and request that it be looked at.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

If the matter is one where you believe you will not receive the item or not receive the specific item you purchased, that would have to wait until the opportunity for one of those scenarios exists. A seller would only be able to send the item once the transaction is completed.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tekwrite
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I did contact them but they still let the transaction go through. I hope I can get my money back. I never did the transaction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tekwrite,

Is the transaction still pending or is it completed now? If it is now completed and there has not yet been a dispute opened on it, please follow these steps to open a dispute for Unauthorized activity.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tekwrite
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute on the 18th.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tekwrite,

That's good! Please keep your eyes out for updates!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.