I have a dispute that was closed but I have more information about it.

davidmreeder
New Community Member

I had a charge of 172.00 taken by a web host for 2 years of service.

At first, I contacted the ISP and their first level technical support were not able to find the transaction. So, with no record of the transaction on there end and no record of the transaction listed on my known accounts I filled a fraud claim. Its 172.00 for something no one at the ISP could tell me about.

A few days later PayPal says the dispute was declined and I wasn't refunded the money.

So, I called the ISP again asking about the legitimacy of the transaction. This time I was able to talk to a much more competent support representative who was able to get me login credential for the hosting package I signed up for. I don't need the hosting, the recurring billing was a mistake. I would have told them this if the first technician that tried to help me was able to use the transaction ID to find the account it was linked it.

They tried to refund the transaction, but since I disputed the charge the deposit was declined. 

What's my recourse?

The ISP is still holding 172.00 dollars of my money and Paypal will not accept the refund. even worse, the ISP list no active services, so they have my money and don't even have any active services to warrant the charge.

The images below shows

1.) There control panel that shows I have no services for 172.00 they charged me for.

2.) the invoice for 172.00 that was charged to my debit card.

3.) The letter from the ISP that states they refuse to work with me and to contact Paypal.

dashboard - no services.pnginvoice.pngletter.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidmreeder 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.