I have 2 issues with PayPal and I can´t solve eithr of them PLEASE HELP!

jgoyes
Contributor
Contributor

Some days ago, PayPal emailed me saying that I may have breached its policy and now it´s asking me for the date of birth of an eBay customer. I´m not sure why and I try to message them but I still haven't received any answer. Today I got a repeat email asking for the date of birth again and they have held my payments to a supplier from which I buy the items I sell on eBay :(.

My issues are twofold!

1. When I access my limited PayPal account, there is notification that says "We need you to confirm your account details or your recent transactions. Once you confirm the information, you’ll regain full access to your account. An then there is a link "confirm info" but when I click  there it shows a 404 error or a blank page that says  "Oops. That page doesn't exist." SO i cannot confirm anything in the first place!

2. I have sold through eBay since last year and I never had any PayPal issue. Not I began selling again on April as my income was severely reduced due to the COVID19 pandemic. PayPal is asking me to ask one of my customers for his date of birth and I haven't done so because I feel it is very weird to ask that we you are selling something and it may be taken as a phishing/scam attempt of some sort. The name of the customer appear on the shipping information of the transaction, but my name appears on the billing information.

What Can I do? I already message them 3 times with something similar to what I wrote here and I have called the number they gave me but no picks up. SHould I ask the birth of date of a customer? I don´t really want to do this as I´m afraid that would alinate him.

Thank you for the help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.