I had fraud on my account.. now the account doesn't exist has that ever happened to anyone?

goldfinger1977
New Community Member
i know i had an account with this email as i looked it up on ebay.. now paypal are saying there isn't an account with that email. I had 4 transactions made by ebay
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @goldfinger1977. The situation you described is a definite concern. I will do my best to assist here.

When an eBay account is created, the email used is not automatically connected to a PayPal account. EBay used to own PayPal (we became independent of eBay in 2015), but eBay and PayPal accounts have always been separate. If you have been told by PayPal Representatives that a particular email address is not linked with a PayPal account, that would reflect the best information available.

Another possibility is that the transactions you mentioned were completed via Guest Checkout. That allows customers to complete a purchase without logging on to an actual PayPal account, but many of the same steps are completed (like receiving an email receipt).

If you're seeing transactions on a bank or card statement, and you didn't complete those payments, the best step is to report the transactions to your financial institution and ask them to issue refunds. They must investigate and they will contact PayPal, if needed.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.