I had a feeling it was a scam, now I can't dispute it.

My_Username2002
Contributor
Contributor

Found a cheap deal on a kayak from Goinfine.com. Bought two, and now can't dispute the charge. Called the customer service line and they said I had to either get the seller to cancel, which they won't, or wait 12-24 hours to call them back. After that time, I'm sure the transaction will be completed and I won't be able to do anything about it. Any advice? 

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information about going to UPS. I did and got them to check on the tracking and found that the one the company supplied to PayPal was falsified. I showed PayPal the one from UPS and they re-opened the dispute and I was refunded my money! Thanks for the advice!! 

Login to Me Too

laserdanger

Very old scam that Paypal is complicit in, after all they get a percentage of each sale. 

Essentially as you all are discovering, paypal sides with "merchant" so long as any old tracking number is posted. I went to credit card company, much more straightforward since there are less loopholes they can hide behind. Paypal will close case once credit card company steps in. 

Login to Me Too

kou819
Contributor
Contributor

This is a big scam, do not buy anything from this seller.  PayPal not helpful at all big waste of money and time..

Login to Me Too

CKING1969
Contributor
Contributor
THE SCAMMER JUST OPENED ANOTHER STORE!! How is PAYPAL ALLOWING THESE CROOKS TO OPERATE??? All businesses need to be verified. The store name is SOKOKZ! It’s already been reported online as a scam in the last 14 hours!
Login to Me Too

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how PayPal will catch them if they keeping changing their name. They are getting away with scamming so many people. I am going to stay away from these lesser known sites and stay with the bigger names even if I have to pay more. I don't want to go through again what I just went through. Thanks for the heads up on the new name. 

Login to Me Too

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to get PayPal to re-open up the dispute again. (They had found in the seller's favor). Someone suggested I go to UPS and get a "intranet form" to show where the actual tracking number that was supplied really went to. I did and it wasn't to me. I supplied the info to PayPal and they reversed the decision and refunded my money. It took leg work but I am getting my money back. This scammer didn't win this one. It made my day!!!  

Login to Me Too

89-S-Dime

Goinfine got me to, I did a search for a tire on Google in this site advertise some crazy low price so I naturally had to check it out and when I saw that they offered PayPal as payment in listed a US address I thought it was legit, After I made the payment the only receipt I got was one from PayPal and immediately threw up red flags when I seen the seller was actually in China, how I got my money back from PayPal, the next morning I contacted PayPal they said to email the seller and wait three days and if I don’t get a reply they would help me file a dispute so I did just that on the third day I filed a dispute and PayPal from my understanding emailed the seller repeatedly and they never responded, after three weeks I won to dispute and got my money back since then the goinfine.com website has been taken down

Login to Me Too

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you! Great to know the website is down but I have a feeling they will be back but with a different name!!!

Login to Me Too

jamicrn
New Community Member

I also had this happen from Goinfine with a kayak purchase. UPS said they cannot provide me with the "intranet form" unless I provide the delivery address. If I was provided a false tracking number (also, like you, it was an Amazon tracking number), how in the world would I know where the shipment was delivered?!?!? I guess I will go to a physical UPS store next.

Login to Me Too

CKING1969
Contributor
Contributor
Dispute it! I finally got my money back today from Pay Pal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.