cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a feeling it was a scam, now I can't dispute it.

Highlighted
Contributor

I had a feeling it was a scam, now I can't dispute it.

Found a cheap deal on a kayak from Goinfine.com. Bought two, and now can't dispute the charge. Called the customer service line and they said I had to either get the seller to cancel, which they won't, or wait 12-24 hours to call them back. After that time, I'm sure the transaction will be completed and I won't be able to do anything about it. Any advice? 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: I had a feeling it was a scam, now I can't dispute it.

I accidentally clicked the 'me too' button, have not ordered these. I was tempted but wanted to find out if this site was reliable.
Contributor

Thanks to this post, it saved me from falling into the trap. They were selling motorcycle engine guards for cheap, but website name, goinfine.com, unsettled me. Thanks OP, for saving other users, But feel bad for you.
Highlighted
New Community Member

I found a cheap bike, same problem. Nobody pick up the phone. No email.
Highlighted
Contributor

Did you ever get your money back from PayPal?
Highlighted
Contributor

nope...I am still fighting with PayPal even with the proof that the package with "my" tracking number was addressed to someone else/address

Highlighted
New Community Member

I've now experienced the same. I called Paypal immediately after because my gut was saying something was wrong. Paypal was closed in the evening and is still now this morning. My concern is that paypal can't do anything to dispute this so working with my cc company. The more I look into this, and seeing this post, I believe I was scammed.

Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered a kayak from the site myself payment was taken out of my account but the I have the payment receipt camt get the back to the site I ordered from the site the same day
Highlighted
Contributor

I purchased some training wheels for my son's dirtbike. They weren't extremely underpriced so it was a believable sale. Cannot get in touch with the seller. I opened a dispute as well. Hopefully PayPal will quite allowing this seller to use their business as a means to scam people. 

Highlighted
New Community Member

Did paypal give you your money back? Im going through the same thing.