I got scammed

thanhn
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed by someone on discord, the person delete me as soon as he received the money and never give me anything back, I have picture of the conversation. Can I get my money back? It says “money sent” and it will reach him in a week, it hasn’t charge my bank yet so i remove all my cards, will it charge my bank account? I already reported the transaction, what happen now ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hi @thanhn,

I'm sorry to hear about this concerning situation. If you sent the paymet as a "Goods and Services," payment, then you will have the option to dispute it for not receiving the product or service. Here is more information on how to file a dispute. If your payment is showing that it will be delivered to the recipient in a week, then it sounds like your payment was sent as an eCheck. If the funds haven't left your bank, then you can cancel an eCheck by contacting the bank that was used to fund the payment. 

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community. Have a great day!

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.