I got scammed.

MohanadHmoud
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, On the 7th of October exactly at 2:30:23 PM (Pacific time) I sent $22.50 for this someone as a payment for a gift card. Then he scammed me and blocked me I kept trying to contact him till he sent me these messages (Guess what? You are blocked). So he blocked me without giving me the code. The problem is i paid using this account but i had a problem, so i closed my account and reopened it. So I can't open a dispute for the payment. Could you help me please?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohanadHmoud 

If you paid using the goods/services option and NOT family/friends then contact customer services and ask them to open a dispute for you.

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MohanadHmoud
Contributor
Contributor
I sent him the money using (Send & Request) option. And as I told you i have reset my account so the transaction has gone and i couldn't open a dispute. I can give you all of the information you need to get sure that I'm right.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohanadHmoud 

And as i told you, contact customer services and ask them to open one for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MohanadHmoud
Contributor
Contributor
I emailed them 3 times in the last 3 days.. And i got no response. Also i don't have a support phone number for my country so i can't phone them.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohanadHmoud 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.