I got scammed since May and nobody is helping me because of COVID-19

NotPandaMack

Back in May i sold a phone on eBay, i shipped the phone out right away and the buyer received the phone in Colorado. I then received an email saying the buyer wants to return the phone and eBay IMMEDIATELY took the money out of my papal account. Now i already took the money out of my papal and put it on my bank at this point. I received a tracking number 3 days later and the phone was on its way.... TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! I received a second tracking number 2 weeks later saying the phone was sent BACK to Colorado on a "Return To Sender Request". So i contacted E bay and they said there is literally NOTHING they can do. So i contacted the buyer and they stated they didnt have the phone. I then went on to call USPS to file a missing item report. They found the phone at a USPS in Colorado Springs and said they can only send the phone back to the original sender, which at this point was the buyer... So they sent the phone back to the buyer. We are now about 2 months into this issue at this point and i still have found zero help. 

I went on and off calling ebay and paypal, and i get zero help because their "Appeals lines are closed due to COVID-19" I am not finally able to stay on hold with Paypal since they transferred me to a debt collector agency. All this because i sold a phone on a what i thought to be a trustworthy website. I need help to get this resolved because no one else is willing to listen to me for 5 mins without saying they cant do anything. This is affecting my credit score and is such a frustrating thing to deal with.... someone please help... it's now September and it still hasn't been resolved...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

NotPandaMack

UPDATE: Been on hold for 1hour and 21 mins so far...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.