I got scammed please help

AN39
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered yesterday a PS5 from a store, in California and paid 289 USD , right after i realised the store is a scam,its called switchhuge.com,   their email and phone doesnt exist and the money went from paypal to a chinese account...

I asked paypal to reimburse me 10 min after i purchased but no one answer. I sent them 10 messages and tried to call no one takes the line..I feel stupid and Paypal should reimburse me as they allowed scammers to go through their platform...what can i do ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AN39 

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

It does not cover you for wrong decisions made when selecting your seller.

Sadly you will have to go through the process to see if they send you anything and go from there.

Paypal does not vet sellers, that would be impossible for every seller worldwide, that is why they give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AN39 

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

It does not cover you for wrong decisions made when selecting your seller.

Sadly you will have to go through the process to see if they send you anything and go from there.

Paypal does not vet sellers, that would be impossible for every seller worldwide, that is why they give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rodman721
Contributor
Contributor

In a similar situation! What I believed to be legit site with use of company logos and product proved to be some Chinese rip off also. Reading about Sundolphin(store).com after purchase as I seen the transaction was paid to Chinese made me suspicious. <removed> These people have been operating for sometime under the protection and assistance of PayPal! A class action Lawsuit should be filed against PayPal for letting scammers operate through their financial umbrella.

Login to Me Too

Rodman721
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has even removed their identity from my post <removed> 

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.