I got scammed by seller and can't work with resolution center!! Help!!!

velijanashvili
Contributor
Contributor

I bought Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 C Mount on ebay and paid by paypal. 

1. seller has provided tracking number (1ZWV29570364925585). With that tracking number www.asos.com shipped clothes to my address. 

2. Seller was private person and not company: eBay - (removed) (ambulances95).

1. Seller just copied and stole other tracking that was also sent to my adress. Seller never shipped the item actually!! This seller is CRIMINAL and you have to block it immediately.
    Paypal closed my Case: Not received with the reason seller provided valid tracking. And now paypal told me in facebook chat to open dispute as: Not As Described. why should i do that, is it so hard for paypal to understand that with that tracking i received item from other seller!! (asos.com)
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@velijanashvili 

Took a look at the tracking...are you sure its ASOS that shipped it? It could be UPS selling ads on their website. And there are freight forwarders located in New Castle, DE USA.

Was the seller suppose to ship to a freight forwarder?  Do you think the item you ordered can weigh 2.10 lbs?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

velijanashvili
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I'm Sure please see Actual Item with that tracking and all the documents in this link: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rrkVntThoS5sStNwncSaljaXWvfJ9Mo_?usp=sharing

Paypal closed my case: Not received. Will they open Not As described dispute now? And what about return? How can i return something that seller never shipped?!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@velijanashvili 

If you received something Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) which you clearly did, PayPal should cover you so you need to change the type of claim to SNAD. Contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click MESSAGE US or other contact options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

You will need to tell the freight forwarder to return item for you with tracking info. If you do not get a refund from PayPal for whatever reason after, you can dispute through your Visa credit card instead. The seller will be charged a handling fee by PayPal to deal with credit card chargeback for SNAD or Credit Not Received upon return and seller won't be covered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

velijanashvili
Contributor
Contributor

1. I can't return anything 😕

this item- ASOS bag received other customer on the same address (freight forwarder's adress).  when you live outside USA, paypal still covers me?

2. How can i dispute through my Visa credit card? Should i go to my local bank?

Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @velijanashvili This can really be frustrating on your end but I will do my best to help you out. It's great that you did provide the tracking number in your initial post. I've verified from the tracking website (17track.net) and found out that UPS is indeed the shipping company used for the transaction. What I can advise you to do is to contact UPS to confirm the shipping details and ask for a documentation which specify where the item is delivered. Once you have the document available, you can then appeal for the decision of the initial case that you filed. If it is more than 10 days already after the case is closed, use the CONTACT link at the bottom part of your PayPal page to contact us to appeal (provide the case ID number if possible). For your second question, it is also up to you if you'd like to contact your bank/card issuer to discuss possible option about this issue. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

velijanashvili
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your response!! Paypal changed claim type as "Not as described" and i'm happy.
I contacted UPS and they told me that they only give shipping details to the seller. While USPS don't hide this information to receivers.
Will paypal contact to UPS while investigation? 
Item is delivered to my address but with that tracking UPS shipped BAG and shipper account belongs to www.asos.com. I got facebook chat screen with UPS, when they told me with this tracking asos.com shipped item.. Also freight forwarder sent me picture that with that tracking other customer received BAG from ASOS.com 
So paypal shouldn't ask me to return anything because i actually never received anything!! 
Seller knew that my address was freight forwarder's address and tries to scam me. Seller never shipped anything a lot. She just stole the tracking with the same delivery address.
see pictures: 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rrkVntThoS5sStNwncSaljaXWvfJ9Mo_?usp=sharing

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.