I got scammed by a Chinese fake website but papal is saying they cannot provide refund

xChisa
Contributor
Contributor

92849692_557337408244428_454795525787484160_n.jpgDear paypal community, I recently got scammed on a website that was selling masks, n95 maks, which I got scammed for 289.99. 

Instead of sending me the masks, they sent me a fidget spinner(yeah, a toy)

I attached the screenshots in the resolution center to prove that they sent a scam package. However, paypal keep giving me answer of 'we cannot provide refund because they sent the package'. 

I already filed this on march 1st, and paypal rep guarenteed me that I will be able to get a refund in this case(I have phone recording of this as well)

They are not even picking up the phone so I do not know what to do.

These scammers playing with people's lives in this times, if paypal decides not to solve the case, I will really be sad about this. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tosca_cosio
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @xChisa ! If you have filed a dispute case already under SNAD or significatly not as described, then just keep on checking your email or the Resolution Center for any updates on the case. We will be informing you on what to do next if the seller responds. If this has already been escalated to a claim, here is a link that you can refer to.

https://www.paypal.com/kr/smarthelp/article/paypal%EC%97%90%EC%84%9C-%ED%81%B4%EB%A0%88%EC%9E%84%EC%...

Hope this helps and Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

xChisa
Contributor
Contributor

@tosca_cosio 

I already opened the case twice again but they denied the claim that it was a fake and closed the case immediately. 

I really do not see how this is acceptable since there is a proof, which same delivery package number, that says 'toys' on there.

Its 100% a fraud but paypal keeps claiming they cannot provide refund because they have the delivery package number. 

I mean.......

what should I do lol. 

The amount escalates to 289.99 and I hate the fact that they offered me partial refund of 120 meantime while on the case. 

This is insanely dumb. The fact that they tried to issue a partial refund angers me even more. They are playing with people's lives, scamming masks for money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.