I got scammed and PayPal denied my case in favor of the seller

Haste83
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 2x puzzles from Afterameal.com and when the items came, the parcel was damaged. Then I open the package and they sent me the wrong items. 
I get in touch with them and the offered me %20 of what I paid to drop the matter, I declined as I paid $44.97 usd. I then google the company and find out that they do this on a regular basis. 
I opened up a case with Paypal and part of the case with Paypal was that the company request that I send the item back and supply the Paypal case with a tracking number. I honored my end of the deal by sending the item off and and supplying a tracking number as well as other information that was needed in regards to postage return and now Paypal have closed and denied my case, their reason, I did not provide a tracking number even though it has been clearly added. Feel pretty let down by Paypal at the moment. What happened to buyers protection? This is the type of thing that makes you want to terminate a Paypal account.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haste83 

Appeal???

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haste83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass
I'll give that a try. Thanks for that

Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

File a complaint against Paypal with your state's Attorney General, dispute the charge with your credit card if you can.   This has been happening for months, the pattern is clear, Paypal is clearly enabling this fraudulent activity.  Hundreds of forum posts on the same scam here and on manufacturers webpages, even the BBB has articles out how these Chinese scammers are using Paypal's policies against them and still Paypal does nothing. 

Login to Me Too

Haste83
Contributor
Contributor

Yep been seeing it for months now, people complaining everywhere. I'll try that as well. Thanks mate 

Login to Me Too

Breathe66
New Community Member

I just received my denied case.  I'm beyond upset.  I spent $99.98 for a Cricket and was told it was delivered as the seller had proof.  Well, I never received the item.  I would never put so much time and effort into trying to get a refund if I know I wasn't right.  I followed all the steps PayPal told me to do, starting with contacting the Seller and after numerous times I never once got a response back.   I will not let this rest until I get a full refund.  I was 100% Scammed!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.