I got scammed and I'm punished for it?

Fawxxy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So I need an answer for this. I purchased an HTC Vive on ebay, was apparently new and working. I received the item not new, damaged and didn't work. On top of the shipping being advertised as priority, it was ground shipping and took over two weeks to get here. So, I paid a total with shipping of $675, finally paypal responded today saying I can send it back, I have to pay the shipping and I only get $520 back? 

Why am I being punished for being scammed? I have to pay $46 to return the package, I can guarantee you the seller will make up some story saying they never received the package or something even tho I got tracking on it. But why do I have to pay this. Now I'm losing $200 out of my pocket because someone scammed me basically/ Why isn't paypal cracking down on these sellers and making them have to deal with the issue instead of a recently unemployed father that got his son a broken Vive for his birthday.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Fawxxy,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your purchase. When a Significantly Not as Described buyer claim is found in your favour, we ask you to return the item to the seller at your expense. We are asking you to return an item we have never seen or evaluated, we do not ask the seller to cover the return shipping costs. We can only ensure that you receive a full refund for the original cost of the transaction when you have successfully returned the goods. With PayPal Buyer Protection, the full cost of the item, including the original postage you paid, is refunded. When returning the merchandise, we ask that you use a shipping method that can be tracked online. We need you to provide us with a tracking number that shows delivery of the item online, to confirm that the seller has received the item back. Once we have confirmed that the item has been returned, the refund is completed. The Return Shipping on Us service may cover the cost of return shipping for eligible items back to the seller. The Return Shipping on Us service is available to customers who have activated the service and have a qualifying transaction on their PayPal account. This service is free and applies to physical, tangible goods where the return does not violate the seller’s condition of sale.

For more information, check the frequently asked questions section of our Terms and Conditions.

Here’s how to activate the service:

1. Go to our activation page and click Click here to activate.
  2. Log in to your account when prompted.
  3. Click Visit the refund request page to get started with Return Shipping on Us.

If you don’t have a PayPal account just click the Sign Up for Free button on the activation page to get started.

How do I request Return Shipping on Us?
To qualify for Return Shipping on Us, please return the purchased item to the seller within the required timeframe and retain your postage receipt and documentation as outlined within the Terms and Conditions.

1. Click Activity and locate the transaction for the item you have returned.
  2. Click the transaction and then click Request a refund on return shipping link.
  3. Select the category and return reason from the drop-down menu.
  4. Select how you've paid for your shipping. If you've paid for it yourself, upload the requested documents.
  5. Enter the return shipping cost and currency used.
  6. Enter the date of the return using the calendar tool.
  7. Indicate that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
  8. Click Submit.

After submitting the request, you'll receive an email confirming the open request. A second email will confirm the outcome of your request.

Here's how you can view the refund status of your return shipping request:

1. Click View past return shipping requests under “Return shipping refunds.”
  2. View the current status of your request.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.