I got scammed, and I cannot use PayPal protection to get my money back

Stiv963
Contributor
Contributor

So I 'bought' this oscilloscope from a website that claimed a wholesale, the website is no longer available, and when I try opening a dispute, I cannot escalate it to PayPal for some reason. See the picture below.

123.png

How do I get to PayPal in order for them to respond and help me get my money back? All their "Contact us" links lead me into a loop and send me to this exact same place again and again.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi, @Stiv963

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to know about what has happened. If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute. Please check this article to know more information. If you face any issues, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking on the contact option at the bottom of the page on our website.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stiv963 

I think you need to wait 7 days from payment before you can escalate.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.