I got scammed. Can I still be refunded?

mabsdelsocorro
New Community Member

Hi,

Will I be able to get my refund For this kind of situation?

I bought something from a seller, an account. I paid him $80 for the log in details. He told me to wait as he was going to prepare for it. Then he went offline so I decided to open a dispute regarding this. My first dispute about this was that I hold the money so he cant have it, but then he contacted me to release the money so I can get my product, so I did resolved now the dispute because I trusted him as he said that he got the electricity out.

After I released it, he blocked me so Im not able to contact him again. I have proofs. I asked for a second dispute under unauthorized transaction but paypal team closed it at there was no unauthorized transaction and now I cant do nothing to have my money back.

Please, I'm begging and asking for your help. I want a refund of my money. I got scammed and I have proofs. Please let me send you the evidence for you to investigate this further. Please. I need those money.

Im looking forward to your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mabsdelsocorro 

You have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute so why rush into opening one the second you don't hear from a seller?

If you won a dispute and the seller refused to refund you then paypal would do so under their buyer protection policy so freezing funds in the sellers account is not necessary to getting a refund.

Secondly you can only open x1 dispute per transaction so sadly unless you funded that paypal payment via a credit card and can ask them to do a chargeback then you are out of disputes.

An unauthorised dispute was saying your account had been hacked and used without your consent, as that was not true then of course paypal would close that dispute.

There was no reason to close the original dispute until you had the item you ordered OR a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting disconnected whenever I call them. I can't even e-mail, I'm not sure what else to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.