I got scam $170.92 Jan, 26, 2020 11:01 A.M.

Appoloin
Contributor
Contributor
So yesterday I got scammed first time It ever happened to me, so I open a dispute but PayPal didn’t do anything about it an I guess why since I was goin to hard time I wasn’t able to concentrate myself well to explain it more specific, so they didn’t do anything about it the thing is a I send information about the scammer like I bought an account in discord but never receive the info about the account I had it everything recorder in my discord chat, now I’m struggling to find help from my bank since I guess PayPal doesn’t care about issues like this when is the major problem with online payments is consider a crime to scam, all I can say is I will do my best to recover the money lost it I open a dispute an they decline it didn’t solve anything in fact in return my account got blocked now is asking for passport and ID which I took a photo and upload still they won’t accepted so I call it was an this is what happen We recently received your unauthorized case submission, and we’ve confirmed the transaction was unauthorized. We’ve refunded $50.00 USD to the sender. This amount will be debited from your PayPal account within 5 calendar days. Here's the transaction information: Transaction ID: 8VU3898253796935L Transaction date: January 26, 2020 Transaction amount: $50.00 USD If the refunded amount debited from your PayPal account causes your balance to go into the negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your balance. For more information and to see the status of your case, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center. All I want to know if I’m getting charge $50 or actually at least get back $50? An I need help with this. By the way I’m using a different account since my previous one is locked, thank you an let me know people what you think also you can add me on Discord Appoloin#1516 to see with your own eyes the whole story behind this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Appoloin 

"We recently received your unauthorized case submission, and we’ve confirmed the transaction was unauthorized. We’ve refunded $50.00 USD to the sender. This amount will be debited from your PayPal account within 5 calendar days. Here's the transaction information: Transaction ID: 8VU3898253796935L Transaction date: January 26, 2020 Transaction amount: $50.00 USD If the refunded amount debited from your PayPal account causes your balance to go into the negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your balance. For more information and to see the status of your case, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center."

Seems like the money was refunded as an unauthorized transaction, so if you are the buyer of the account on Discord, you will get your $50 back. If you are the seller, the money was refunded to the buyer and you have negative balance; owe PayPal the $50.00 so you have to add money to your PayPal balance to zero it out.

Since you have another account that is locked, maybe that is why PayPal is asking for ID and stuff and this whole problem with the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Appoloin 

"We recently received your unauthorized case submission, and we’ve confirmed the transaction was unauthorized. We’ve refunded $50.00 USD to the sender. This amount will be debited from your PayPal account within 5 calendar days. Here's the transaction information: Transaction ID: 8VU3898253796935L Transaction date: January 26, 2020 Transaction amount: $50.00 USD If the refunded amount debited from your PayPal account causes your balance to go into the negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your balance. For more information and to see the status of your case, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center."

Seems like the money was refunded as an unauthorized transaction, so if you are the buyer of the account on Discord, you will get your $50 back. If you are the seller, the money was refunded to the buyer and you have negative balance; owe PayPal the $50.00 so you have to add money to your PayPal balance to zero it out.

Since you have another account that is locked, maybe that is why PayPal is asking for ID and stuff and this whole problem with the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.