I got ripped off by a Chinese company

DutchLady
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered five N95 masks and paid $155. I kept emailing the company stating I still haven't received them, then I filed a dispute with PayPal. After they "researched" they stated that the company provided proof of a tracking number and that a delivery was made to me. Yeah, I got the delivery, but it was not the N95 masks I ordered, it was two cloth masks...that's it! PayPal denied my dispute and let that company in China keep my money! WTH?? I've sent PayPal emails and message after message, but no one has answered. For years I thought PayPal was the best and safest way to shop, but they seem to side with out of country companies that rip off people. So I'm out $155 just trying to order masks to help keep my family safe in this difficult time. Thanks for nothing PayPal. I'm sure that Chinese company is very happy and laughing their assess off at the stupid people in the USA that order from their country. Of course, I didn't realize they were coming from China, but that doesn't matter. PayPal is as much a rip off as those companies are! I'm paying off my balance and will close my PayPal account if they don't resolve this to my satisfaction. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

BklynG369
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does NOT assist you with fraudulent claims!  I learned that the hard way!  I thought that using this service would further protect me---the customer/consumer---against fraud with foreign-based companies, but I soon found that PayPal does NOT guarantee me any level of protection.  On 3 separate occasions, they supported a supplier's claim that a product was delivered. Well the product delivered was NOT what was ordered and paid for on all 3 occasions, it was a minute fraction of the value!  The cost of shipping the product back to China was as much money as the original cost of the product!  So, they scam you and get away with it according to PayPal rules!  I no longer use PayPal if I can avoid it and will refuse to order anything from China!  If it looks too good to be true, it definitely is!!  BUYER BEWARE!!!

Login to Me Too

DOFFY60
Contributor
Contributor
Agree. Very dissapointed with Pay Pal. Will not be reccommending them.
Login to Me Too

tlouie65
Contributor
Contributor

This, too, has happened to me. First time it was from China now its an address in Canada. I cannot find anywhere to submit more information other than a button to click to submit a tracking number. Bad business practices by sellers and they are being let to do this...

Login to Me Too

dvd_whitehead
Contributor
Contributor

i had the exact same happen to me.  I ordered the item, a heated staple gun kit, for welding plastic. Payment was acknowledged and a tracking number sent.. When the item arrived it turned out to be a packet of staples, without the heated staple gun. I contacted the company by e-mail to advise I had not received the item requested. They advised that I had received what was ordered. I then sent pictures of the package and contents, but they would not believe me.  In the end, they agreed to refund me a percentage of the amount I paid them.  Can you imagine how many times this must be happening on a daily basis.  It is so easy for so called companies to rip off people who take them at their word.. I should add that PayPal were of no assistance whatsoever.  

I think you would have more comeback using your credit card outside of PayPal, so I am going to do some further research and avoid using PayPal.. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DutchLady 

So did you open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win if they supplied a tracking number OR

did you open a dispute for item received but not as described ie wrong items?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DOFFY60
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing has happened to me. The company send a pathetic item to show they sent something to validate the tacking number. I feel very frustrated trying to get help. I too thought Pay Pal was a safe way to buy items on line. But every action you take to get a response is repetative and leads nowhere!. 😭
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.