I feel taken advantage of, angry & frustrated

Mdfreeze
Contributor
Contributor

at the recommendation of a relative I opened a paypal account (me and my husbands 38th year anniversary is coming up, I was planning on making a pretty expensive purchased from eBay ) Along with that I was also going to transfer funds to my relative who referred me to PayPal, I have never use the service before and didn’t plan on using it for anything other than this once. I used funds from a personal loan To Load funds into paypal balance VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT (Wells Fargo) from citizens bank bc I was under the impression i could transfer /send money to my family as well as make a purchase from eBay. I went ahead and gave citizens my information to direct deposit my personal loan disbursement of $10,000 into paypal/ Wells Fargo account. I tried sending $ to my nephew—-it would not go through & this was my first attempt to get assistance from pp “help” I was told that due to there being a security issue that I would have to disburse the payment to him some other way so my next action was to Try transferring to my bank (this came after I verified everything including 2 checking accounts, my Social Security number and 2 debit cards) I was never able to transfer to my Bank nor to either one of my relatives. Ok that’s fine. Now I need to verify my identity/lift my limits. So AFter I verified TWO DIFFERENT banks (both are personal brick and mortar large banks) as well as talked to PayPal to get help at least a dozen times and at this point I was getting very frustrated because I did not understand the fact that I had lifted my limits, did everything they asked me to do and I wasn’t asking for anything out of the norm. ALL I wanted to do was transfer MY money into MY checking account. Nope, kept trying kept trying wouldn’t work. . Now forward a day or two; TO MY shock, disbelief and frankly HORROR my account now says that I “have been limited” and that I need to get these restrictions taken off before I can access any of the money that was deposited to me as a result of a PERSONAL loan I took out of the bank IN person. And I in no way acquired these funds by any means of selling items not chargebacks etc. with the PayPal service whatsoever. (I was not able to submit my photo ID right away do you do a circumstance where I didn’t have it with me but I am having it sent to me/picture sent) but I submitted several different forms of identification and I went above and beyond only too then get a note saying that “my account is permanently limited” and after calling and speaking with someone they tell me I can submit my photo ID still but they “are not making any promises!!!!! So now I am completely enraged because not only did I ask for their assistance throughout the entire process but again, I acquired these funds Through A direct deposit to myself, separate of PayPal altogether so I feel they have no right (although yes I understand it’s within the user agreement) to take them! I am being treated like a criminal and the worst assumed of me! have never experienced such terrible treatment! I am in my late 70s and I have a perfect credit score, I am a excellent customer of nearly 35 years of several reputable banks and I cannot believe that I am being treated this way by a company like PayPal. being told I cannot access my loan funds until 180 days from now at which time I will have had 6 loan payments come due and have not been able to access the funds at all, On top of that, all the interest I will have to pay for money I am not able to touch and because they offer a service as a money transferring/sending through a direct deposit means and trusted that it would be OK. Now I am not sure if citizens can reverse the loan disbursement for me and deposit it into my other personal account .... or if there’s any recourse I can take whatsoever as I said I understand the user agreement but I believe this to be a special circumstance and I in no way have abuse the system or possibly set off any fraud alerts because I had called several times prior and throughout the process and verified my ID countless times not to mention getting a loan to begin with which required me in person at the bank. My question I guess is has anybody else had this issue or anything similar to it and is there any possible way that I can get the funds any sooner? As of right now my anniversary is ruined and I cannot go ahead with my plans and on top of that will have to pay loan back that I haven’t even received because PayPal has caused me fairly big hardship here. For anyone considering depositing their funds into PayPal think twice!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mdfreeze

Try some paragraphs and edit it a bit, too long for me to read.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mdfreeze
Contributor
Contributor
I will edit- my apologies- though there isn’t much you can tell me I’m sure. (That seems to be the running theme)
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry this happened to you. Total atrosity. I know expense is an issue here, but I'd get a lawyer. One legal headed letter might do the trick for you. It seems they're holding your money for the interest they will accrue on it.
Login to Me Too

Mdfreeze
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I appreciate that I tried to edit this post for the person who replied first I’m sorry I wasn’t able to figure out the paragraph thing I am working on a iPhone here but I did try to shorten it for you. I will be in contact with my lawyer today. 😞 all of this trouble I could’ve avoided.. because I thought this would be convenient!
Login to Me Too

Mdfreeze
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I appreciate that I tried to edit this post for the person who replied first I’m sorry I wasn’t able to figure out the paragraph thing I am working on a iPhone here but I did try to shorten it for you. I will be in contact with my lawyer today. 😞 all of this trouble I could’ve avoided.. because I thought this would be convenient!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.