I feel like they "GOT ME"

JoevBird
New Community Member

Hi community, back in 5/18/21, I was searching for shoes on Nike_outlet.com. I found 2 pair in which I put in my cart & proceeded to checkout. During paying for the shoes, they gave me an option to pay by credit card/PayPal.  I decided to pay with PayPal. All went well, until I received the first pair of shoes. They were not authentic. I have emailed the seller many times for a refund and they have responded many times (at least 10 Emails) back with discounts and up until recently, even to give me another pair free, just to pay for shipping cost of course. When I paid for the shoes that day, I did receive confirmation Email by both the seller and PayPal. Now the seller hasn't even responded in 4 days, I have tried to dispute this fraud transaction through my PayPal account and it doesn't show up in my activity. I've checked my credit card account and it does show up as a PayPal transaction. What would be my next move? Should I try to check with a live PayPal rep first or should I just go straight to my credit card rep? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoevBird 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.