I'd like to contact PayPal's legal department before officially filing a civil suit

Jmedlin
Contributor
Contributor

After several years in good standing, and no violations to the paypal user agreement, my account was just cancelled, without a word of explanation, and no means of overturning or disputing the decision.

I'm simply floored at the unprofessional (borderline criminal) behavior engaged in, here... and I plan to use my platform and reach to make sure my experience is heard far and wide, accordingly. There's absolutely no justification for this, and frankly, I'm furious.

This is the last straw for me, and if not rectified immediately (and I'm not sure how it would be, as PayPal seems to make it maddeningly difficult to speak to a human being) I'm going to go ahead with legal action.

I'd like to know who I can speak with before taking these steps... any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmedlin 

I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account. Could have been a misunderstanding or a false positive by the security system.

Keep in mind that there are many, many things we can do with our accounts to violate the restricted activities and acceptable use policy that are not mentioned but are somehow related. PayPal may not be obliged to reveal it to keep their security model confidential.

It's the pits to have one's account thrown into the scrap heap but try see both sides where possible. Hope you can get your account restored. Some have because it was a misunderstanding/false positive. But if after review, PayPal is final about their decision then they have the right to not do business with who they so choose.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jmedlin
Contributor
Contributor

<<PayPal may not be obliged to reveal it to keep their security model confidential.>>

Does this not strike you as absurdly unfair?

The very least a company this large and monopolistic might do in such a circumstance is give you some hint of what you've done... especially in cases such as this. Having read them in full twice over, I can now state with complete confidence that there's simply no way I could've violated any of their stated terms. I received donations from individuals for my creative work (which I suspect is the real reason for their actions: political disagreement), and once paid for firewood... and this is the extent of my PayPal usage. I've never done anything that might be deemed even remotely suspect.

To be so flippantly brushed aside, without even a single word of explanation, is just maddening.. and shouldn't be allowed. If tech companies continue to act in such a heavy-handed and dictatorial manner, they're going to have an extremely rocky future... and after this experience, I plan to help make sure this is the case.

I like to consider myself fair-minded, level headed, I make active efforts to to be kind and understanding. Having said that, this situation has me furious, and I don't intend to take it lying down.

Login to Me Too

silverbraid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i would be interested in finding out what legal recourse you can take against Paypal for there total lack of accountability.

My issue is The Letter of Authorization.

ive been locked out my account for 6 months now. Ive overcome each hurdle except the Letter of Authorization. Paypal refuses to tell me why it is denied for 36 times. now I need my money out. the call centre is closed and the message cente is useless.

any advise gladly taken.

Login to Me Too

Stragglewise
New Community Member

Hey, Jmedlin. I am wondering how you made out, as I see this was a couple years ago. The same thing has just happened to me. Out of nowhere, and no reason given, despite my asking several times. This may not be criminal, because these people are apparently not subject to the law, but this is totally immoral. I am pretty sure that the reason in my case is because I run a blog that promotes natural healing products and exposes big pharma and all of the other arms of globalist tyranny, which these creeps are a part of. 

If you get this, please get back to me and let me know how things have gone for you, okay?

Much appreciated,

Craig <removed>

Login to Me Too

Kel2222
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is full of crap they pulling this stunt that did the same thing how can you access your account if they close it permanently I think they scamming on us we should all file for class action suit regardless how they saying the agreements the agreements what they doing is unconstitutional they're not a bank institution and the way they doing it how they even did me I have money sent for parts for goods for $2,500 then they put the count right on 7 Days it'll be released then they come out 21 days PayPal just making it then they put we can no longer do business this is full of crap I'm ethical they pulling this stuff on people just not the first they do it to numerous people enough is enough it's got to stop take him out of business we paying now and they treating us like we're criminals and they're the criminals
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.