I cannot find my dispute

Maria1182
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Last week I made a dispute and now I cannot find it in the resolution center. I got scammed by an online page and lost $26. The seller never contacted me and I had no answer from paypal just an automated one that tell me to see my case in the resolution center. I dont see any disputes at the resolution center. It doesnt let me make another dispute to the same seller because it says that I have already made a dispute and I should go and see it in the resolution center. I go there and I see nothing!!! Have I lost my dispute? Did I lose me money?? Its been a week now that I try to email paypal about this and they just send me an automated mail... What should I do to get my money back??

Thank you very much
Maria

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maria1182 

How did you send the original paypal funds to the seller ie which paypal option?

How did you fund the payment ie which funding source.

Lastly which dispute type did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maria1182
Contributor
Contributor

Hello kernowlass,
I paid with my paypal balance. He immediately got the payment right after I clicked his buy now button.
Thank I opened a dispute "I didnt received my item or item was not as described"
Maybe I got furious and made a mistake by opening another dispute for the same seller and they changed my claim to a reson Unauthorised payment...
Then I got an email from paypal saying: We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case PP-I-5442080, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.
Now the case is closed I got nothing.. No product, No response from the Seller and No money refund...
Can I do anything to re claim my money??
Thank you very much
Maria

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maria1182 

If you opened a dispute for unauthorised use then what you were doing was telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent, if paypal check IP addresses and devices and see the payment was authorised then you would lose that dispute.

Your options are to contact customer services and explain you opened the wrong account and see if they will open the correct one for you OR if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact the card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maria1182
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent 2 email to the help center but they keep sending me automated emails...
I havent told them about the wrong account though..
I will try another time and see what happens...
I will reply to you as soon as they send me an answer maybe you can help me again..
Thank you so much for helping me
Have a nice day!
Maria

Login to Me Too

Maria1182
Contributor
Contributor

I got an automated mail again...
I sent an email to spoof@paypal
and now Im trying to chat with an agent through paypal facebook

Login to Me Too

Maria1182
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

a week and  two days have past since I began contacting paypal and nothing happened.

No one answers my mail they continue sending me automated emails

I tried their fb profile to contact them and the automated message keeps sending me

"I've placed your message into the queue and an agent will respond as soon as possible!"

No one has contacted me through fb or by email.

I sent another mail to spoof@paypal and I got another automated mail

I try contacting the seller again and I got no answer

I think Im not going to get my money back...

Paypal isnt helpful at all!

No one helps me get my refund from this thief!!!
Please help me if you know what should I do

Thank you

Maria

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.