I cannot escalate my dispute to a claim

tomsmac
Contributor
Contributor

Good day. I filed a dispute for a product I purchased on Mar 7th. Unknown to me it was from China. 3 weeks after I filed a dispute the company replied with a "Tracking number" I've still not received my product. (A N95 mask)

1. When clicking on the tracking number a chinese web site comes up. Nothing in English. When paying by paypal it showed the payee as the company on the order page but the PayPal transaction page shows some weird chinese payee.

2. When I click on the "Check status" link from my email receipt the page is gone.

3. The original 'company' is now under some odd company I've never heard of.

When I go to the "Resolution Page" it show the dispute but I cannot escalate to a claim.

Can someone please advise me?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tomsmac, we apologized for the delayed response. Typically a dispute can be escalated into a claim within 20 days from the filing date, Otherwise, it will be closed as amicably resolved. May I ask if what is the current status of the dispute? I'll be waiting for your response. Stay Safe!  

Login to Me Too

tomsmac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Warren! Thanks so much. The status is "Open Dispute". The resolution links takes me but does not allow me to upgrade to filing a complaint. The seller is playing a weird game. Transaction number On the orignal page they claimed to be from the US, not china, now that page is gone.

Thank you again Warren!

Login to Me Too

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Great to know that the Case is still open @tomsmac , where do you access the resolution page, are you using a browser? 

Login to Me Too

tomsmac
Contributor
Contributor

yes, safari

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I wish I could escalate it in your behalf however we are not fully operational yet. Can you please try to access the resolution center using a different browser like google chrome? Let me know if the "Escalate to PayPal" button will show up using a different browser. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

tomsmac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Downloaded Chrome. Still no escalate button anywhere. Thanks

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
I'm really sorry to hear that , here's what we are going to do. During this time we are almost done realigning our customer support. I will ask your patience to please let us escalate this in our end. This transaction is still covered within 180 days of protection. In the event that this will auto close, we can reopen this for you and have things settled in our end.  I will send you a message on this thread once you can call our customer service line. I'm sorry again for this inconvenience. Stay Safe always!   
Login to Me Too

tomsmac
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the great support Warren!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.