I can’t open a dispute because it says there was an error on PayPal’s side

Peachberry
Contributor
Contributor
I really need help. I bought something on depop but the seller never sent my item and ignores me. So I would like a refund. Is there a way to fix this I tried calling, messaging PayPal support but no one answered and I wait 3 hours. She there another way to get a refund. The transaction is still pending the seller didn’t claim it yet
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Peachberry ,

Hope everything is well.

If the payment is unclaimed you can still cancel it.

Can I cancel a PayPal payment? 

Unless it's an authorization payment, that's means the merchant needs to either deny the payment or capture the payment because not, the authorization will expire after 30 days.

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Peachberry ,

Hope everything is well.

If the payment is unclaimed you can still cancel it.

Can I cancel a PayPal payment? 

Unless it's an authorization payment, that's means the merchant needs to either deny the payment or capture the payment because not, the authorization will expire after 30 days.

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.