I can't get a refund, tricked by eBay seller, can't open PayPal case, can't return item on eBay

bufo
New Community Member

So, I ordered an item on eBay, and the seller delivered the wrong item. I proceeded to dispute it in PayPal, and contact the seller on eBay that I needed to send it back for a refund. The seller refused to use any method of return except for the in-eBay return item menu. Unfortunately, if you dispute on PayPal, eBay will not let you do this. The seller TRICKED me into closing the case on PayPal, stating that once I did so, eBay would again allow me to hit return item on eBay. This was a lie, as eBay still will not let me hit the button. So, now PayPal says to contact eBay about it, and eBay says to contact PayPal about it and neither one of them will let me open a case or dispute it or anything. All I need is for the eBay return item button to work, or for PayPal to allow me to file a dispute on the item again. How should I proceed?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.