cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't even transfer money back into my bank account without getting charged!

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

I can't even transfer money back into my bank account without getting charged!

This is ridiculous. I've used Paypal for years now and they changed everything and made it worse. I recently made a purchase from Walmart using Paypal and got it refunded (back to my Paypal account) and now I can't transfer it back into my bank account without some big fee or having to provide personal information. I read the only way to see your account balance and transfer money back into your bank account is to get a Paypal cash account (if you have a Paypal Personal account). Well, I tried to sign up for a Paypal cash account and now they're requesting very personal information from me: a form of identification, proof of address (like bank statements and utility bills), and even proof of social security number!! I understand that usually when you open a bank account they request information like this, but I didn't want to open a Paypal Cash Account in the first place but the only way to not get a fee to transfer my money back is to open one. 

What's even worse is until I provide some information, they limited my account access and It says I am able to do pretty much everything EXCEPT close my Paypal account.  I don't want to have to spend a lot of money just to put my money back into my account and I don't want to provide very personal information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I can't even transfer money back into my bank account without getting charged!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I can't even transfer money back into my bank account without getting charged!