I can't even transfer money back into my bank account without getting charged!

pineapples64
New Community Member

This is ridiculous. I've used Paypal for years now and they changed everything and made it worse. I recently made a purchase from Walmart using Paypal and got it refunded (back to my Paypal account) and now I can't transfer it back into my bank account without some big fee or having to provide personal information. I read the only way to see your account balance and transfer money back into your bank account is to get a Paypal cash account (if you have a Paypal Personal account). Well, I tried to sign up for a Paypal cash account and now they're requesting very personal information from me: a form of identification, proof of address (like bank statements and utility bills), and even proof of social security number!! I understand that usually when you open a bank account they request information like this, but I didn't want to open a Paypal Cash Account in the first place but the only way to not get a fee to transfer my money back is to open one. 

What's even worse is until I provide some information, they limited my account access and It says I am able to do pretty much everything EXCEPT close my Paypal account.  I don't want to have to spend a lot of money just to put my money back into my account and I don't want to provide very personal information.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.