I can't close my Paypal account after being permanently banned from using its services

Blanca2021
Contributor
Contributor

I was banned from using Paypal services after I used it in a different country. First of all, I did nothing shady or weird, I used Paypal as a way for my Instagram followers to pay me for art commissions, but they decided to cancel my ability to send or receive money using the platform. After futile attempts to find a solution, following long and infuriating conversations with AI bots, I gave up. So now I just want to delete this account and forget all about Paypal, but they won't let me do it. I have no money on my account, and my account has no limitations or things I'm required to submit. My "problem" has been solved, I can't use Paypal anymore, and yet they refuse to allow me the decency to at least DELETE my useless account. If any of you have had this issue or can provide any solutions, please, PLEASE let me know, because I'm so done. Thank you for reading my message. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blanca2021 

Sadly not, if you can't use Paypal anymore then its a permanent limitation.

Paypal limits the account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blanca2021 

Sadly not, if you can't use Paypal anymore then its a permanent limitation.

Paypal limits the account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.