I can not file a dispute! Auto attendant originally filed as unauthorized purchase!

djgrafix
New Community Member

I'm having an issue with filing a dispute for an item that wasn't described correctly.

Last night I tried calling to create a dispute with an item I purchased, it looks like it was originally filled as an unauthorized transaction, I needed it to be filed as something that wasnt described correctly. I purchased an item from a fake website and tried to cancel right a way but it wouldn't let me...

Now I can not file a dispute as the chat agent directed me to do, and can not get a hold of anyone at the call center. 

The message i'm getting is "Case Closed: Transaction not covered".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djgrafix 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.