I bought digital game and asked to cancel my order,but seller won't give me a refund.

Jadranka12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

My friend told me that he ordered few games on Gamivo and that they are legit,so I took his advice and order one,however I changed my mind and asked them to refund me since the game was preordered.They said that they will issue me a refund in few business days,however it's been 3 days and I still haven't received anything.I contacted them few times and they told me that refund is on queue and that other department is in charge of refunding. Today I asked them when will I get refund they told me that it's been refunded already 3 days ago.I contacted them again to check status with another employee and he told me that I will get refund in few business days.

Since I was stupid enough and I took my friends advice,I would like to ask you can I ask Paypal for chargeback and do I have chances to win this dispute?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jadranka12 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

So wait and see if your refund turns up first as you have up to 180 days to start a dispute for non receipt of item by clicking on the transaction in your paypal account and using the resolve a problem link.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.