I bought an Item on Wifes Credit Card

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

I  bought an Item on Wifes Credit Card, from a seller in China the item was a motherboard and it has never worked since I got it, I contacted the seller and after 5 days got knowhere, so I asked Paypal to intervene and have got knowhere, except they said I had to retorn the defective board to get a refund so I priced up the cost and nearly fell over backwards it was going to cost me £53.96p Standard Delivery, there is no way in hell I am paying that for anyone.

I rang Paypal at the time me not knowing the postal price, I have had my wife ring her credit card company that they can make a claim back against paypal as they are the ones who took her money and paid for the transaction, I know they are right as the sellers get the money from Paypal after deductions and not the cardholders bank.  But here is my quandry - Board cost $64.00 plus, them postage  $14.95 and I have to put another £53.96p to reurn the item to China and still no guarantee I will get my refund from the seller, I know this because she would not even accept me paying the difference for anothe board. And to top it off I have to do all this within 30 days with both sides stalling, Paypal and the Seller to just get a maximum of £15 back for my postage, how can this be right?

When this gets sorted out I will be closing my Paypal account, because I am not going through this ever again, I can no longer trust Paypal to do the right thing we have lost the 24hr service, it takes up to 7 days to get an answer to a query from the Resolution center, we have lost the free lable printing service to send items back, so what is the point in having a Paypal account any more, I am giving them another two days to get in touch with me or I am going to the Finacial Ombudsman to get this sorted out for me.

Paypal is no longer a fair system

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.