I believe the vendor that I paid for an item through Paypal is fraudulent

Trudilu
Contributor
Contributor

When I first placed the order, it was advertised in between other Hewlett-Packard orders (with the HP logo) along with a few from Amazon, etc.  One had a reasonable price, so I clicked on the item (a printer) and purchased it right away using my Paypal account.  Then I received an invoice summary from Paypal that had the vendor's name as "Angelina" (not HP) and the category was 'bowling'.

I tried to cancel my order immediately after, but paypal would not let me do that - even though it was still pending.  I tried to cancel the order per the E-mails given on the purchase, but they were both bounced back to me and I was unable to reach anyone.  The next day, I got an E-mail from 'Paypal' telling me that the item has been shipped (I don't remember ever getting an E-mail from Paypal giving the shipping details).  And on it, there was a bit more information with a different contact E-mail.

I looked at the additional information on the E-mail, and it said they were a small start-up company from China, etc.  I tried E-mailing the new contact info to tell them they should not have shipped the order, given that I had written them to cancel it the day before.  Yet, the next day I was told it was shipped.  I get the feeling this is a fraudulent company since I have not been able to reach the vendor on any of the contacts that were provided to me.

IF I do get an item shipped to me, I plan to "return it to sender" as I don't want this product where I can't get a warranty, etc.  I say IF, because now I'm not sure the company exists at all.  I don't know the best way I can contact Paypal to tell them this information.  The resolution center wasn't clear for this type of transaction.  I really don't have to wait to dispute the charge.  I would like a refund which I asked for an hour after I placed the order when I suspected something was wrong.

I'm attaching a screen/shot of Paypal's (or is it Paypal?) information about shipping.ShipmentDetails.pngPage2.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

juliec4
Contributor
Contributor

The best you can hope for is you Get nothing at all. Then you may get a refund. It happened to me twice. Required tracking for even the smallest package to China is over $60.00 each. I have screen shots of my  purchase with a picture of the item. No refund because I won't spend more money than I paid for the item only to be further ripped off. I am so angry because I am not the only one this has happened to and PayPal is enabling it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.