I believe I've been scammed, need some advise & info

mark_flemdog85
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a mobile phone from "majormobiles.com" on Thursday morning last week, with my debit card but using the PayPal payment option. I paid extra for 1-3 days delivery & selected to be notified by text of changes to my order status. Immediately after paying via PayPal goods & services I received an invoice from the company & order confirmation, so no immediate reason to suspect anything. Since then I haven't had any notifications of my order status changing. On Friday, I started to worry & inspect their site a little more. It states they aim to answer emails the same day & have somebody answering their phone line in the afternoon. I have tried both these methods to contact them to see what's happening & no response. First the number was ringing now it's a dead line. I'm going to give it 2 more days & if I don't hear anything or receive my phone I will want to seek a refund. Can anybody tell me what I have to do, and how long it usually takes to be sorted. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mark_flemdog85 

After waiting a couple of days as you planned and nothing's happening, here's how to file dispute:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mark_flemdog85
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Any idea it normally takes to recover the money taken?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mark_flemdog85,

A claim case can take up to 30 days for processing but we aim to resolve it as quickly as possible given the evidence provided. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

mark_flemdog85
Contributor
Contributor
To update people I am happy to say that my phone did come it was just late. I was refunded my postage fee as a gesture of good will.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.