I been scam by dating website

Louiskoh94
Contributor
Contributor

I just joined a website www.gmiioy.com. First they will ask you to topup 500 usd for the dating service protect . Then the person who you dating will find an excuse to cancel it . The website customer service would say that refund need to topup another 500 usd , After topup the other 500 usd they will find excuses again to said that refund can’t process for some reason want you to topup 1000 usd for it until now I already topup 3000 usd but I still haven’t get the refund . What should I do now? First time been scam like this.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louiskoh94 

Are you serious? They asked you to give $500 to get a $500 refund? 

Why are people paying to receive money? Whether it be a refund or for selling goods (which has been reported before). I don't understand. 🤔

If you're being refunded, you do not pay to get a refunded in such a case. That doesn't make sense. Its not as if you are shipping a return item for a refund. I don't care what they tell me. I'm supposed to get my money back. Sure as heck would not pay no $500 again, and again, and again.... 

Okay...maybe you need to call customer service and have them file the necessary disputes for you because this is a special case and I don't want to mess it up for you. lol Not sure it is an Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described case and its a big chunk of money too.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Louiskoh94
Contributor
Contributor
It’s not even a product , just a hangouts website and the money pay for protect the person who you dating , it’s complicated but also my first time . Now Christmas I really can’t find anyone to solve it .. and the payment just made like few days ago hope I can get back my money .. god
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor

Louis, do reply me personal as I'm in this incident too, last week have reported on this gmiioy website but failed to get back the refund. I even provide alot evidence. If u need to get back the refund we have to co-op together Louis. Waiting for your reply Email: <removed> (no space)

Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Louiskoh94 

Hey.. how’s your progress in getting a refund or disputing PayPal’s charges going?

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor

Is it By Gmiioy? If you have evidence to put more on it, as I'm one of the victim too. Already give to PayPal evidence but PayPal seems still believed in them.

Login to Me Too

firestorm31
Contributor
Contributor

are you on gagahi?  they do that sort of upcharge.

cant believe you spent 500USD on that.

Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
I hope @Louis make a police report in sentul, the more report the faster for police to take action. And PayPal can't help as I tried before. Just do a police report, and go to MCMC report it will be more efficient.
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

Tinder is free!

Even asking more than US$1 should be looked upon as suspicious! You paid this via PayPal?

Then file a complaint with PayPal disputing the charges!

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
@MY-Canuck already file for dispute, but PayPal said that merchandise delivered to my address... and I told PayPal that this is a dating apps not purchasing apps but some how the merchant doing fraud documentation and PayPal believed it... although I have sufficient evidence is still a lost case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.