I am locked out of my account

Jkey91
Contributor
Contributor
When I made my first PayPal, i was 17 but now 20. I wasn't the smartest kid when i made it.  When I made the account i named myself "JAKE LOL" (Not my real name) which locked me out of my account and also made my account american when I'm British making it hard to contact support. 

On that account i have a 100 dollars to claim but can't claim the money because i can't CONFIRM it's me when i made the account as a JOKE. 
Tried contacting PayPal multiple times. No help 

Please help me in these rough times. 

from   Jacob 

Please contact me by email of this account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jkey91 

Sadly that account is fried for all the reasons that you gave.

You would never be able to withdraw funds from a U.S paypal account + the fact to withdraw you have to have matching bank account and paypal account names.

You need to close that account if you can (although if its limited you may not be able to) and open one in the correct country / with your legal name.

Then contact customer services and see if they can transfer the funds over for you HOWEVER I doubt they can do that as it was never your legal account.

So your only other option would be to tell the 'senders' of the money to open disputes for non receipt of item which you of course don't challenge so that they can get a refund. IF they sent it using the friends/family option then their only option would be to do a chargeback via their card issuers if they funded their paypal payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jkey91 

Sadly that account is fried for all the reasons that you gave.

You would never be able to withdraw funds from a U.S paypal account + the fact to withdraw you have to have matching bank account and paypal account names.

You need to close that account if you can (although if its limited you may not be able to) and open one in the correct country / with your legal name.

Then contact customer services and see if they can transfer the funds over for you HOWEVER I doubt they can do that as it was never your legal account.

So your only other option would be to tell the 'senders' of the money to open disputes for non receipt of item which you of course don't challenge so that they can get a refund. IF they sent it using the friends/family option then their only option would be to do a chargeback via their card issuers if they funded their paypal payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jkey91
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to do nothing about it because the sender sent it years ago so I have no chance. Rip me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.