I am being sent hundreds of 1 cent - 10 cents micro payments

jsevents
Contributor
Contributor

What the hell is going on with my account? Some spammers are sending me hundreds of 1 cent - 10 cent payments and then a few weeks later disputing them for a larger amount (anywhere from $300 - $1500). I've reached out to Paypal many times through chat, call etc. and the reps tell me there is nothing that can be done aside for refunding the payments. 

1. How can I be responsible for large chargebacks on payments I only received 1 cent?
  2. This will ruin my history and eventually my account
  3. Paypal is got to be aware of this issue and my guess is I am not the only one with this problem

PLEASE help

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsevents 

Why not change your paypal email address as that is what identifies your account?

If you remove the old one then they won't be able to send you anything.

That is if you have another email address that you can use?

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.....although in your case you would need to remove the other one so the scammer can't still use it to send you funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jsevents
Contributor
Contributor

Now I am being charged by paypal about $20 per 1 cent payment I was sent. NO ONE AT PAYPAL to talk to?

How the hell does a company like paypal operate with no one knowing who to talk to and what to do.

What the hell

May 1, 2019 Transfer (Credit) to Euro Balance
Completed
€16.01 EUR
May 1, 2019 Transfer (Debit) from U.S. Dollar Balance
Completed
-$17.94 USD
May 1, 2019 Transfer (Credit) to Euro Balance
Completed
€16.10 EUR
May 1, 2019 Transfer (Debit) from U.S. Dollar Balance
Completed
-$18.04 USD

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsevents 

What country are you in so i can get the info to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jsevents
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help it was very much appreciated. My support inquiry here was for paypal but i guess they dont answer these post either? Ive sent them multiple requests already and havent had one response in 6 weeks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsevents 

Well if you actually say what country you are in then i may be able to suggest options.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jsevents
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the USA Thanks for your help again
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsevents 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fishntoast
New Community Member

@jsevents  Did PayPal manage to solve your problem? My PayPal account was also attacked in the exact same way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.