I am being harrassed by someone I used to know

SAJM
New Community Member

This person owes money to me and is a rather delusional person who gets you to do work for him and then when the work is complete he says he cannot pay you.  I received a small payment from him for a lot of work I did, but nothing close to what I was owed.  I decided to part ways with this person and just write him off as someone to avoid and accept I would never get paid.

Since then I have had one letter that was sent registered post so I had to sign for it, I had no idea it was from him demanding I pay him money.  I don't owe this man anything.

Now I am getting a PayPal Money requests demanding I pay him £700 or return a piece of art that he gifted to me some time ago.  I don't want the artwork but he gave us the artwork on the understanding that we pay for the framing of the art and then it would be ours.  My husband paid the framing charge which was £400.  He now wants the artwork returned even though it is ours.  I emailed him and advised he could have it once he repaid my husband for the framing charge of £400.

That's when the money requests started and keep coming.  Pay £700 or return the Artwork.

I know feel harassed by this unstable individual and wondered is there anyway PayPal can stop him from sending these requests to me.

I am thinking of contacting the police to file a restraining order against him, but I am not sure if I have enough evidence to do so.

I am so upset by it all.  I have looked everywhere to try and contact PayPal direct to advise what is happening, but its impossible to just simply phone or email them.

Can anyone here suggest what I can do to get this man out of my life.

Should I send a bill to him for the £400 he owes my husband?  Never mind the amount he owes me.

Many thanks, kind regards!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SAJM

Why not change your paypal email address to another and remove the old one that he knows about?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.