I am Being Scammed, PayPal is no longer helping me!

kuzonthedon
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a hat using Depop however the payment was not through the app, it was solely through PayPal G&S. As soon as i updated tracking info the scammer opened a message saying that I had stopped contacting them and that their item hadn't arrived. I tried contacting them and it seems they have fully erased their account on Depop. Then as the hat arrived, the scammer turned it into a claim saying that they had bought a games console from me and that instead I sent them the hat. 

I have talked to PayPal about this and one helpful agent told me that in these cases the scammer should be asked to provide police documentation to prove their story but after that agent said that, another agent came and ended the chat. I tried mentioning it again yesterday, and the agent, again, ended the chat.

I think it's important that you know as well that I have contacted Depop and they have provided confirmation that I was never selling a games console, nor did I ever discuss it with that user. And of course I have kept the shipping receipt which, although non-descriptive, would be way more if i was shipping a 5kg+ large package instead of this <100g letter sized package.

What I don't know is what to do next. Do I just respond to the case using all that evidence I mentioned, or do I continue trying to contact paypal about this police document?

Any help is extremely helpful, thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @kuzonthedon , I hope you're doing fine.

Since the buyer already filed a claim, what you need to do now is to respond to the case by providing the tracking number and put some explaination regarding the order. If you did not respond on the resolution center ,you will lose the case.

How do I respond to a PayPal dispute opened by my buyer?

Here's how to respond to a dispute:

Go to Resolution Centre.

Under 'Actions' next to your case, click View.

Respond to the buyer and enter any relevant information (such as tracking information), and then click Send.

You have 20 days from the date a dispute is opened to communicate with your buyer. If you and your buyer aren’t able to resolve the problem, either of you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. If the dispute is not escalated within 20 days, it’ll be automatically close.

But if you need further assistance, you may contact PayPal via :

Chat Support

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Thank you for reaching PayPal, I hope this helps you. Be safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.