I also got scammed!

1234igotscammed
Contributor
Contributor
Hey all! I ordered something from a website called agentmart.net. It had the secure "lock" symbol and the price of the item I was looking to purchase wasn't that outrageously cheap, so everything seemed legit to me. The website popped up pretty much right away on the Google shopping tab as a top site. Anyway, the website only allows paypal payments. No big deal, since I have a paypal account and always felt comfortable using it as a secure checkout. Never got a confirmation email and a few days later, I got an email from paypal with a tracking number and stating my item was delivered. It definitely was not delivered. On the UPS website, it showed that something was delivered to my city and a recipient that I've never heard of before had signed for it. The weight was a half pound less than the actual weight of the product. All the red flags FINALLY hit me and I googled "paypal ups scam" and, well, here I am lol. I started a claim with PayPal, though from what I've read, it's may be hell to try to get my money back. I'm waiting from a response from customer service via chat. I pretty much explained everything that I did above, hoping that they agree I got scammed and maybe look into cutting off ties with that website.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.