I Was Tricked

phamtricuong
Contributor
Contributor

- Can't the resolution center solve it?
when I had a confused transaction with someone I did not know, in the form of sending money to the family.
- Take a look:
Transaction ID
4NE69735EN577440N
Currency value: 200 USD
- This is a pretty big sum for me, I use it to provide for my family life
I have all the evidence for this person being a scam. Why not allow me to speak publicly with him.
I am a paypal user and I need that benefit !!!
Please help me community !!!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

phamtricuong
Contributor
Contributor

helppppp

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phamtricuong 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

phamtricuong
Contributor
Contributor

I always let pay is paypal wallet. That's my mistake
Pay pal does not settle for me when I have full evidence. I contacted him and he refused to pay me.
Does paypal only support when users pay paypal?
So am I a paypal user?
Why is there such unfairness happening?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phamtricuong 

Paypal covers you with buyer protection when you pay using the goods/services option as you are purchasing goods.

Paypal does NOT cover you with buyer protection when you pay using the friends/family option as you are sending a gift of money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

phamtricuong
Contributor
Contributor
But I am not a transferer And paypal cannot verify this
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phamtricuong 

So do you mean you were the seller and accepted a payment for goods via the friends/family option?

Or do you mean you sold and accepted a payment via goods/services OR sent a money request or invoice?

You have to say as posting a number of a dispute is no good on here as we can't look at it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.