I Was Scammed By A Company and PayPal denied by dispute

jacobetrussell
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the Switch game online for the holidays because I found it for a great deal, but after not receiving any communication after an initial receipt I contacted them asking for an update. They have not updated me so I did some searching on Google and Reddit and it's come to my attention that I purchased from a scam website. I disputed the charge on PayPal and sent them a link to Trustpilot showing that i'm not the only one who has been ripped off. Here's the link to that: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.jerseyeasy.com

As you can see in the Trustpilot listing, the M.O. of this scammer is, when a payment is disputed, they will automatically generate a fake UPS tracking number. It'll say that it's been shipped and the package delivered, but that actually wont happen. It'll even say it was signed off by someone named ZANDY who is not a person in my household. Because of this, PayPal denied my dispute. I looked to appeal PayPals decision because if they did just a modicum of due diligence they'd be able to see that this scam is happening to A LOT of paypal users. PayPal: don't you have your customers backs?

Basically...is there anything I can do here? I've contacted my bank, but PayPal shouldn't be enabling this type of behavior by letting it go so easily.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

aubreyhill
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed also, but in slightly different circumstances. You may have read about the Un Box Trend debacle? Well I paid up through paypal some of my account balance and then some by card all through Paypal. The goods have not arrived, the money has been cashed by the company and because paypal think it too hard to get at they have thrown my claim out. Well now the boot is on the other foot and a claim against me has come in because an item I sold got damaged in transit. I shipped the item to a uk address but the buyer is in china. I don't ship to china!!!!!!!!! Now my account is frozen and that's the way it's going to stay till they pull their finger out and sort my claim first. I'm going to spread this all over social media as eBay and paypal think they can do as they like.

Login to Me Too

llaskay
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal need to get this fixed! Very disappointed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.