I Got Scammed - Poor Customer Service / Buyers Protection - HELP

clemjo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using PayPal to buy an item online and unfortunately I got scammed. I ordered a Nintendo Switch and Received an empty plastic box.

I used PayPal especially for the buyer protection so I rushed on the website and filed a complain about "Item not received". The seller provided a tracking number, case got closed and I lost. This happened in 15 minutes. 

I rushed so much that I realized afterward that I shouldn't have chosen the first option "Item not received" but the second one "I Received an item that's not as described"... However now PayPal doesn't seem to let me make a claim anymore on that payement, I can't speak to a real human either over the phone or on the chat, I feel very trapped and frustrated... Please help me! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clemjo 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.