I Got Scammed/PayPal Refund

YRHJose
Contributor
Contributor
I Recently Bought Something Off Selly.gg and checked out using PayPal, not only was I charged twice but I never received my item I purchased, I filed a dispute and PayPal declined it even though I’m supposedly covered against this for 120 days
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Drew

Hi @YRHJose

I understand why losing a dispute can cause frustration. 

Can you confirm what our response was for why we denied the claim? Also, do you remember what type of claim you filed? You can find this information if you visit your Resolution Center and go to your closed cases. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

YRHJose
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a dispute for one transaction as item not received and the duplicate charge as unauthorized purchase, but they denied the unauthorized purchase dispute and ignored the other one
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @YRHJose

Thanks for that information. When you have a duplicate charge, we have an exact dispute type for this issue under a Billing Dispute. It's called Duplicate Charge. If you filed unauthorized, we would've denied it as our definition of unauthorized is when someone fraudulently signs into your PayPal account and makes a purchase without your knowledge. 

We should still be pursuing the case related to not receiving an item unless the seller has provided tracking information confirming that the item has been received. You should be able to see the last update if you visit the details of the dispute related to not receiving the item. 

To change the dispute reason on the other claim, please reach out to our Twitter or Facebook team for assistance on this. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.