I Bought A VPS and it was extremely slow even though with other providers it should be very fast.

trevsaster
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a vps from zaphosting. the vps was extremely slow after reading the reviews people say the service is bad etc. and they dont do refunds. only store credit. you can look up what people say about it. so i opened a case as product not as described. since it should have been fast. but i lost the case to the seller for the reason - "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because our records show that the item or service associated with this transaction was delivered to you." now i am stuck with a extremely slow vps for a month. and i was also threatened with a german debt collector as is everyone else who goes to paypal with them. "Please pay all openstanding invoices within 7 days by now.
Otherwise we need to forward your profile and all outstandings to the dept collection company "Tesch Mediafinanz AG"."  and im pretty sure they cant send a debt collector after me in the us etc. since i lost the case im now stuck with the vps and im assuming im safe from the german debt collector. but i think me losing the case it being delivered is dumb. whats yalls opinions. im out some money. now i know not to buy from zaphosting ever just like the other people who have had issues with them. just want to see what you guys think. i bet im probably gonna get flammed for this.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anon23
New Community Member

Ive been threatened for a second month of a service i did not sign up for because they leave their default order on"contract" unless you want to pay more for "prepaid", missing this descrpenciy i had already cancelled my paypal agreement after paying for the one month of the game server i would test it for, I did not assume i was going to be billed for another month, by the time noticed they wanted a "warning fee" aswell as second month of service which i did not want. and threatened me with the same debt collector, I do not believe they can prosecute or collect me for such an minor amount being in germany but I do not know the answer, I have never had a company threaten me with a debt collector or continue my service after invoice was unpaid for a cloud based product, they are definitely trying to scam
https://zap-hosting.com/ 
I will not pay such absurd fees or be threatened by a debt collector for a shady gaming server. Avoid Zap Hosting

Login to Me Too

mrchikan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm currently experiencing a very similar issue with zap hosting. Do you have an update on how it went? Did you end up paying the invoice? 

Login to Me Too

trevsaster
Contributor
Contributor

i lost the money they won. now im using a different host that are not scammers 

Login to Me Too

mrchikan
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I see, hopefully, I can win my case. Found some information on improving my chances. It seems they are breaking quite a few consumer protection laws. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.