How to upload documents to claim?

ryanripley
Contributor
Contributor

hey guys, i'm in need of some urgent help here

i've had a run in with a seller who sold me a product that wasn't as described (it was an album but it was missing the CD) and he didn't really want to do anything about it so i took the issue up with paypal and it got escalated into dispute involving paypal. at first they closed it because the seller had proof of it being delivered but i could appeal the decision and change the reason to "item not as described" so i did that instantly and i was told i would only get a refund if i returned the package.

so i returned the package using royal mail and the woman at the post office told me she couldn't give me the tracking number but gave me a receipt and allowed me to take photos of the parcel at the post office and said they can work as proof of postage however paypal only wants me to provide a tracking number.

i've been emailing paypal back and forth about this and they've been generally useless about it. they've told me i can fax the documents, i can upload the documents to the case or i can upload the documents through the name changing settings. my problem is this:

- i don't own a fax

- there's no upload button on my case

- the name change option worked, i've told them twice that i've done this method and what the names of the files are (and even put the case ID in the notes) however they just ignored it and have now come full circle asking for a tracking number again

i feel like i'm just talking to a brick wall when emailing paypal about this and it's giving me a lot of anxiety because it's a lot of money i need refunded. i can't get the item back as it has been shipped and i doubt the seller will give me a refund on his own terms and my case closes today. please help because i do have proof of delivery but i can't seem to get it to paypal 😞

tl;dr i have proof of delivery but no way to upload it. there's no upload button on my case page that paypal keeps telling me about and i've told them there's no button, i don't own a fax and paypal in general isn't reading my emails properly and have just come full circle asking for information i can't get ahold of

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanripley

If you don't have a tracking number then you don't have proof of delivery (only proof of postage), if you don't have proof of delivery ie a tracking number then any claim will more than likely be dismissed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ryanripley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

so i just have to accept that i won't get my money back? 😞 

i've sent the item as requested but i've never sent anything internationally before until now so i just believed the woman at the post office when she said a receipt would be fine because she couldn't give me a tracking number

i can't get the item back now 😕 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanripley

Did you fund that paypal payment via a credit card?

If you did then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ryanripley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

whenever i pay with paypal, the money comes straight from my linked bank account through paypal if that's what you mean?

i never have money in my paypal account, i always withdraw any money in my paypal into my back account so any money i spend is from my bank

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanripley

Thats a shame, i always fund my purchases via a linked credit card that gives you extra protection outside of paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.