How to submit birth certificate in proof of identity?

Elaine_L

Hi! Is Birth Certificate still accepted for proof of identity? I do not have a National ID card due to my country only having recently started filing them, and neither do I have a passport or Driver's License. I'm 19 turning 20 this year and still a student, though I earn money through art commissions and would like to continue transactions via paypal. 

If it's still accepted, how do I submit it? Who do I contact to submit it to? I've read a few threads regarding submitting birth certificate + a government issued file but I don't know how to submit it through the Proof of Identity section since there's only 3 options to click through and agents are quite limited in the message center... (sorry if the answer's obvious and I can't see it, I'm still quite lost in the whole process)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elaine_L 

If your account is limited, we may ask you to provide documentation to help us verify you or your business. This may include documents to provide your identity, address, a recent name change, or business documents. You can find a list of requested documents in the Resolution Center.

Before sending us anything, please be sure that your document:

• is legible.
  • shows all four corners of the page.
  • does not have information blocked or blacked out.
  • matches the information on your PayPal account.

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.