How to submit a full refund

Reureu79
New Community Member

Hello, A buyer recently purchased an item from me on eBay. The payment didn't go through so they cancelled the purchase. Now they've opened up a case for a refund. When I try to refund them on eBay, it says that the refund failed and to go to pay-pal. This is where I'm lost. What am i supposed to do once in pay pal to resolve this with the buyer. Also more importantly, do i need to have a bank account linked up with my eBay account because currently I just have a credit card on there. If they paid with a credit card or debit card, shouldn't the refund just go through? I've contacted the buyer to ask what method they used to pay. What steps do I take to resolve this that I'm not doing or aware of being a newbie to selling on Ebay? Please advise. Thanks. Reureu

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reureu79 

Locate the corresponding payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click on it, click "Refund this payment". Once issued, refund will go back to the original payment method the buyer used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reureu79 

Locate the corresponding payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click on it, click "Refund this payment". Once issued, refund will go back to the original payment method the buyer used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.