How to speak to someone at PayPal

Trrosarmylad
New Community Member

I have a dispute with a company I bought a king size bed from.  The bed was delivered and there was all sorts of damage to it plus 2 parts of the bed were a different colour. Having started a dispute on PayPal it took PayPal 36 days to deal with.  PayPal’s resolution is for me to send the bed back as well as mattress for a full refund.

Now we know this is going to cost a fortune so who pays for the return of the item as this will still leave me massively out of pocket and also the company name and address PayPal have provided are different to the company I purchased it from which to me is another failing and red flag from PayPal.  As always with PayPal though there seems to be no humans there to talk to.

What’s my next steps in trying to get a proper resolution for this situation? For all I can see is contacting my bank and raising an indemnity claim against PayPal and clawing my money back that way.  I have no other option and my bank has said I am well within  my rights if a deadlock has been reached and there’s no resolution in sight.  Not being able to speak to PayPal seems like a deadlock to me

Any help would be greatly appreciated as PayPal don’t give a toss.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately Paypal have blocked all direct channels.  Even the message box is useless, just giving you stock answers with no meaningful progress.  They have the worst customer support and customer protection.  I am sorry this does nothing to help you, but I searched and the few USA helpline which I called from Asia at my own cost is an automated system that eventually cuts you off and say the service cannot be found.

Login to Me Too

DisputeBroken
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with PayPal.  There is no dispute process if the sellers can stonewall with asking for the bait & switch item to be returned to an address where there is the excessive return shipping cost.  PayPal's dispute resolution is broken.  PayPal's resolution is that the seller demands back the bait & switch item worth less than $5.00 USD when an item of $107.68 USD.  This scam is obvious and there is no recourse for the buyer at PayPal other than

to dispute the credit card used to pay PayPal. 

Return shipping address 510000 "Many Chinese characters which have been censored by PayPal by requiring removal from message content"  China. I will now go to my credit card company and dispute the payment to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Naz121
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am from sydney and i am a victim by a fraud buyer. My case is just closed and i want to contact paypal to reopen it Again. Is that possible? Any luck to contact them?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.